Saturday, November 29, 2008

Cath Kidston Bags

Limited Edition Carrier Bag by Cath Kidston

If you love flowers and vintage style you are sure to be a Cath Kidston fan! Cath Kidston is a British fabric designer who has popularized vintage style designing clothing, bags and home accessories in her "kitschy" 1950's style prints.

I discovered Cath Kidston style thanks to BBC Homes and Antiques and the UK's Country Living, British design magazines. It was in those pages that I became a Cath Kidston fan.

Recently when I was shopping on the British Cath Kidston site, I discovered that earlier this year she designed a series of 8 eco-friendly carrier (shopping) bags for the British grocery chain Tesco. Each reusable carrier bag is made from 9 recycled plastic bottles. Each bag sold also benefits the Marie Curie Cancer Care charity. Thanks to international shopping on Ebay UK, I now have a few of my very own Cath Kidston carrier bags!

Happy Birthday Cath Kidston!
Cath Kidston celebrated 15 years with a cake contest.
Don't you just love this adorable cake?

Cath Kidston celebrated 15 years in business this year. Whenever we visit London we always take a walk from Notting Hill and visit her original store at 8 Clarendon Cross in Holland Park, London.

Cath Kidston

The Queen of Floral Prints!

The Cath Kidston US web-site is currently being re-designed. For now, if you can't get to London, you can shop at home with a cup of tea at:

1 comment:

Knitique Girl said...

I love your new design, I want it. Where did you get it.