Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Boutique Knits

Boutique Knits

They say "you can't judge a book by it's cover"...yet I can already tell that I am going to love this book Boutique Knits just by it's cover!

I love this Side Slip Cloche hat in the cover photo. It reminds me of the hats that my Grandma Margaret wore in the 1920's & 1930's. I even have Rowan's Soft Lux yarn in my yarn stash that the designer recommends knitting this hat in!

This book is hot off the press. It just came out in October. MFLY (my favorite local yarn store) Knitique sold out of this new book right away. Recently there was just one copy left and another knitter beat me to it. I am now patiently awaiting Knitique's next book shipment to snag this book and start knitting!


Teak Bittersweet Gauntlets

You can see a sneak peak of the book on Interweave Press. I absolutely love all the vintage inspired patterns by author/designer Laura Irwin. I think these Victorian inspired smocked gauntlet gloves are gorgeous!

Accessories like scarves and hats are my favorite knitting projects. I can't wait to get my own copy and start knitting a few of these 20 + must have knit accessories!

How about you? Are you anxious to knit these vintage inspired accessories, too?

No comments: