Thursday, July 31, 2008

Tartan Time

Dolce & Gabbana Fall 2008 Print Campaign

Have you seen the new Dolce & Gabbana print ads that have hit the fall fashion magazines? I love the mix of tartan plaids and the Grace Kelly-style silk scarves in the collection. The look is so British!

I have always loved classic British style so I love this tartan revival in the fashion world! I was also married in Scotland so I just happen to have a few tartan scarves already in my closet!

Here are a few photos to inspire you to mix in some tartan plaids and silk scarves into your fall wardrobe.

D & G Fall 2008 Runway Collection
Kilt inspired Skirt and Grace Kelly-style scarf.

D & G Fall 2008 Runway Collection
Whoever said "you can't mix plaids"?

Lochcarron
Real Scottish style from Lochcarron!

Lochcarron of Scotland

My husband and I were married in Duns Castle in Duns, Scotland in 2001. Duns is a small town in the Scottish Borders. While driving around the Borders we found the Lochcarron Mill Shop in Selkirk. My husband did not wear a Scottish kilt at our wedding but he did wear a Scottish Locharron tartan tie!

Lochcarran is the world's leading tartan manufacturer. They are the source for many fashion designers including Ralph Lauren. Their fabrics and tartans appear on major catwalks all around the world. There is a good chance that they are the supplier for the D & G tartans.

I stocked up on some gorgeous Locharron tartan scarves at the Lochcarron mill shop. I can't wait to pull them out and be fashionable this fall in tartan!

How about you...will you be wearing tartan?

No comments: