Friday, July 8, 2011

Wills & KaTea

 Royal-tea

Let's hear it for a big "Royal Welcome" to
Prince William and Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge
to the golden state of California!

 The royal couple are set to arrive in America at the Los Angeles airport at 3:40 PM today.  They will be greeted by California Gov. Jerry Brown and his wife. 

Since I can't be there to greet them...
I do hope someone realizes that 4:00 PM is tea time
and offers them a good "cuppa" or better yet, some California iced tea!

Wills & KaTea Blend

I'm celebrating Prince William and Catherine's visit with a special tea blend named after them,  Wills & KaTea.  Don't you just love that name?  This blend commemorates the Royal Wedding and is black tea,  flavored with passion fruit, grapefruit and orange.  It's wonderful with milk and sugar. 

I purchased my tea at the adorable tea boutique and cafe Eteaket on my recent trip to Edinburgh, Scotland. 

I found out about Eteaket in last years Cath Kidston catalog in a shopping feature on Edinburgh.  I had hoped to have tea and cake there but couldn't fit it into a one day trip to Edinburgh.  I did manage to walk by Eteaket in the Princes Street area but they were already closed.  The door was still open so I "popped" in and they let me buy some tea.  "Thank you" to the nice girls working that day at Eteaket!

Hurrah for Wills & Kate!

I'm also drinking my Wills & KaTea tea in true British style...
in my Emma Bridgewater William and Kate Wedding Mug
that I purchased at the Emma Bridgewater factory
 in Stoke-on-Trent, England. 

Hurrah for William and Kate coming to California!



 (In the photos: Emma Bridgewater William and Kate 1/2 pint Wedding Mug.)

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Fun - love that name! It sounds wonderful.