Friday, October 21, 2011

Pix

 Pix Patisserie

Pix Patisserie is a kitschy-cute kind of place
with a Parisian cafe vibe.

On our recent trip to Portland, after an afternoon of shopping,
we stopped into Pix for a tea break
and what I like to call "macaron research"!

 Macarons

Pix is known for macarons. 

On our visit, my husband and I tried three flavors of macarons:
Bourbon, Fleur de Sel and Coconut Rum. 
Hands down, their Fleur de Sel was the best we've ever had!

As for macaron research...
Pix is always a fun stop for unusual macaron flavors. 

Pastry Chef/Owner, Cheryl Wakerhauser (a.k.a. Pix) and her team
create traditional French macarons only...
they kick them up a notch! 

They make unique macaron flavors such as:
Tawny Port, Chestnut Whiskey, Sesame Matcha,
Peanut Butter and Jelly and Apple Pie..
just to name a few.

Market Spice Tea

As for tea at Pix,
I was impressed with the tea quality
and table service.

Pix proudly serves Townshend's Tea Co. teas.  
 I enjoyed their Market Spice delivered to our table
 in an Art Deco silver tea pot.

My tea server raved about their teas
and told me  Earl Grey is their most popular tea. 
Naturally due to popularity it was out of stock. 

Pix Patisserie

There are two Pix locations in Portland.
We always visit the original Pix location.
It's a bit off the beaten path..
not touristy
and worth the effort to get there. 

Pix Patisserie
3402 SE Division St.
Portland, OR 97202
(503) 232-4407

I can't wait to go back and have a pot of Earl Grey tea
and do some more macaron research!

1 comment:

Jodi Larsen said...

Next time you go to Pix I will meet you there! What a great find!