Friday, April 29, 2011

Royal Wedding Tea & Scones

 Royal Wedding Tea Party
for One

Oh, the Pomp and Circumstance..

Fairy tales do come true when the girl next door can marry her Prince!

Katherine Middleton was breathtakingly beautiful and Prince William certainly was Prince Charming!  I stayed up all night to watch The Royal Wedding live and I'm so glad I did!

I've been enjoying all the Royal Wedding coverage drinking my Twinings Royal Wedding Tea in my Union Jack tea mug with Savoy Scones.

This was my first time making Savoy Scones.  Here are a few of my tips from following the Savoy Scone recipe:

Savoy Scone Tips:

The secret to making thick British-style scones is
to not over mix your dough and
roll out the scone dough to 3/4" thickness. 

 For proper looking scones,
stamp out 2 1/2 " rounds with a pastry cutter.

Transfer scones to a baking sheet and
brush tops with an egg wash.

Let the scones rest for 15 minutes before baking.
Be patient and do not skip this part!

Enjoy your fresh baked scones
with clotted cream and jam.

The Savoy Scone recipe will certainly be one of my "go-to"
tea party recipes now. 

You can find the recipe here with American measurements
and find the UK version in Taking Tea at the Savoy.


(In the photos:  Hand Knit Tea Cosy, Emma Bridgewater Union Jack 1/2 Pint Mug & Spode Jane Seymour Plate.)

2 comments:

Teresa Parkins said...

The whole celebration was spectacular and I thought Katherine looked so beautifully poised, composed and sophisticated in an exquisite dress. I am very proud to be British when we orchestrate something so well and the joy can be shared round the globe. It is so good to have something that inspires because we need to raise our spirits from time to time. Thank you for the recipe which I am looking forward to sampling. I raised a glass of sparkling Rose cider called Katy to toast the Royal couple:-)

Sarah said...

I will have to try that recipe, yours look perfect!