Thursday, April 28, 2011

Baking Day!

Tea & Scones

With the Royal Wedding now just hours away...
today is Baking Day.

I'm making Savoy Scones to enjoy with my "cuppa"
of Twinings Royal Wedding Commermorative Blend.

I'll be smothering my scones with Scottish Strawberry Preserves with Champagne and
Mock Clotted Cream.  Real clotted cream is tricky to find here in the States, so here is a recipe for mock clotted cream:


Mock Clotted Cream
Serves 4 to 6

1 cup heavy cream, at room temperature
1/3 cup sour cream, at room temperature
1 T. confectioner's sugar

One hour before serving, pour the heavy cream into a bowl and whip until soft peaks form.  Whisk in the sour cream and sugar.  Continue to beat until the mixture is very thick.

Place in the refrigerator and chill until serving time. 


And, yes, I'll be in my jammies since the USA West Coast TV coverage
begins at 1:00 AM.

I may just stay up all night drinking tea
in my Emma Bridgewater Union Jack mug!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

It was sure a lovely wedding! I hope you can catch up on your sleep soon and post a picture of your wedding day scones! I had thought I would make a Victoria Sandwich, but I'd made so many iced biscuits in crown and heart shapes that I had plenty of sugar already. The cake will have to wait for another day.