Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Is There a Santa Claus?

 Santa Claus Tea

Yes, Virginia...there is a Santa Claus and even Santa Claus tea!

Did you know that the adorable saying "Yes, Virginia there is a Santa Claus" is from a newspaper editorial back in 1897? 

Way back then, little eight year old Virginia O'Hanlon questioned if Santa Claus really existed.  Her Father told her to write to New York City's Sun newspaper.  He assured Virginia "If you see it in The Sun, it's so."

Is There a Santa Claus... the reply to little Virginia's letter is the most reprinted editorial to ever run in an English newspaper.  In the editorial the editor replied to Virginia, "Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus"!

So in honor of Virginia and the spirit of Santa Claus,  I'm letting you know about a few of my favorite holiday teas...one is even called Santa Claus tea!


Hediard's Santa Claus Blend

Hediard's Santa Claus blend is one of my favorite Christmas teas.  The French and Hediard certainly know how to blend fragrant black tea.  Heidiard has been a well known name in Paris since 1854.   I love shopping at their la Madeleine store

You'll get a wonderful whiff of French vanilla, caramel, orange, clove and cinnamon when you open the lid on this shiny red caddy.  Hediard even says "leave a mug out for an appreciative Santa"!


  Christmas Spice Tea


Whittard's Christmas Tea

Another one of my favorite Christmas teas is Whittard of Chelsea's Christmas Spice Tea.  For years I only drank British tea and after several trips to London, Whittard's became my favorite British "cuppa".  I've discovered many tea companies since but I highly recommend any of Whittard's teas. 

Whittard's Christmas Spice Tea is similar if not the same blend as their Spice Imperial Tea so you can actually enjoy this spicy blend anytime of the year.  It's a premium black tea with the flavors of orange peel, cinnamon and spices.  Trust me when I say, Whittard knows how to blend good teas...they've been expert tea blenders since 1886. 

Oh, how I love to shop their London branch stores

Both of these wonderful teas are available only online to purchase.  If you have a friend taking a trip to Great Britain or Paris you can always ask them to bring you home a caddy or two! 

And because I believe in Santa Claus, I've given Santa a list of teas I hope to find underneath my Christmas tree!  I hope Santa brings you some fabulous tea, too!


(In the photos:  Lisette's childhood Santa mugs and the Vintage Holiday Tea Towels are for sale here in Boutique Lisette.)

1 comment:

Annemieke said...

I have always loved the Santa Mugs.