Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Tea Parfume

Miller Harris Tea

British perfumer Lyn Harris, founder of Miller Harris, has a nose for fragrance and a nose for fragrant tea.  

Lyn grew up in Northern England with a love of tea and tea rooms.  It's no wonder she has turned her extraordinary nose to her own collection of teas.  She has created her teas with the same depth and bouquet as her fine fragrances. 

Recently I treated myself to a beautiful caddy of Miller Harris tea.  Since I've always wanted to try Violette tea, I selected her The' Violette.  I am pleased to report that the violet flavor is quite subtle,  not overpowering or too perfumey!  It's a lovely blend.

The' Violette

The Miller Harris tea caddy says it best:

"Drinking rare and beautiful teas has always been an essential luxury for perfumer Lyn Harris.  Inspired by the delicate art of balancing flavour and aroma, Lyn has combined the world's finest teas with pure, natural extracts to create a collection of blends with top, heart and base notes."

"Thé  Violette is a delicate fusion of fruits and flowers. The sweet muscatel notes of second flush Darjeeling from the Jungpana Estate combine with accents of violet, blackcurrant bud and green mulberry leaf."

Since I couldn't hop on a jet to London to pick up my tea, I was happy to find it available here in the States at Dean and Deluca

It's a lovely tea drinkable anytime of the day.  I am enjoying it in the afternoon.  Miller Harris says it's best drunk without milk and sugar.  

The next time I'm in London, I hope to visit the Miller Harris Mayfair store for a spot of tea in the
Miller Harris Fragrant Tea Room!


(In the photos:  Wedgwood Edme Teapot, B & B Plate, Tea Cup & Saucer. Miller Harris The' Violette and  Laduree Violette Macarons.)

No comments: