Thursday, December 22, 2011

Mince Pies

 Mince Pies

More mince pies, please!

One of the best days of my England trip this year
was spending the day at the Emma Bridgewater factory
 in Stoke-on-Trent. 

Thanks to my shopping trip at the factory,
I became an Emma Bridgewater Collectors Club member this year. 
The Collectors Club has special privileges including special pieces
made exclusively for club members. 

This holiday season,
the Collectors Club Mince Pie plates from the Joy range were a smash!
The factory had a tough time keeping up with demand for these adorable plates
and I managed to snag two of them.  

 Mincemeat Tarts

I was hoping to make mini mincemeat pies for Christmas
 to serve on my cute mince pie plates
but it seems that I have run out of time. 

Thankfully, there are Walkers Scottish mincemeat tarts available in America.
  I picked some up last night at my local Cost Plus World Market

Dusted with powdered sugar,
 they are a perfect holiday treat on Emma's Mince Pies plates.

For my tea break today,
I'll be enjoying them with a "cuppa"

Emma's Mince Pies Plates

If you ever get to the potteries (Stoke-on-Trent),
I highly recommend taking the Emma Bridgewater factory tour

The nicest people work at Emma Bridgewater. 
I loved seeing that each employee
had their own personalized Emma Bridewater mug
in their work station where they can drink tea all day long. 
 How neat is that?!

I hope you get to take a break during the busy holiday season
and enjoy a tea break
with some mincemeat tarts or home-made treats!




(In the photos:  Emma Bridgewater Mince Pies plates from the Joy range.)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I love your mince pie plates and will have to try those Walkers treats. I cringe a little at the word 'smash' in a sentence about EB though! LOL =)