Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Chef Taylor's Braised Pork Belly

Spiced, Braised Pork Belly
with warm lentil salad

Not to brag but I had a fabulous three course lunch today inspired by renowned French chef, Daniel Boulud, all for only $15.00!

Now for the name dropping. This fabulous lunch wasn't even at a Napa Valley French restaurant... it was at The Oak Cafe, my nephew's culinary art's school restaurant! And, it was finals week for my nephew!

Now I will brag. I am a very proud Aunt today. My oldest nephew Taylor presented his student final menu today and was the chef running the kitchen. His instructor, Chef James Chaves graded him while he cooked and presented his menu for the restaurant.

Chef Taylor's menu:

Portabello Pave with White Asparagus Vinaigrette

Spiced, Braised Pork Belly with warm Lentil Salad

Chocolate Crepes Suzettes


Taylor's braised pork belly entree was inspired by renowned French chef, Daniel Boulud and then Taylor added his creative flair!

Taylor continues to amaze me with his love for food and his creativity. High marks today Chef Taylor for your originality, presentation and flavor! You are a naturally gifted and talented chef.

No comments: