Thursday, February 2, 2012

Go Red for Women!


Collection Amelie 

Tomorrow is 
will you be a lady in red tomorrow?

I love this cause Go Red for Women 
for the fight against women's heart disease.

I've been racking my brain
what I can wear tomorrow to show my support.

Then, it dawned on me...
I have a "tres chic" accessory set 
that I picked up in Paris in 2003,
my Lancel Amelie purse and scarf set.  

Lancel
127 Avenue Des Champs-Elysees 
Paris

I fell in love with the Amelie Paris map print collection in a French magazine
one night at our hotel in Rue Cler.
The next morning,
I asked the nice desk clerk where I could find the collection.
So that morning,
before leaving Paris,
 we made a mad dash to the Champs Elysees
and the Lancel boutique.

At the  Lancel boutique
I couldn't speak French and the Lancel sales clerk didn't speak English.
Somehow we managed and I came home with the
limited-edition Amelie handbag and scarf...
and we made it to the airport on time!

I think tomorrow is a perfect day
to bring them out of my closet.

Red is Lancel's trademark color, afterall!

(The photo of the Lancel boutique on the Champs Elysees
is a recent photograph from our May 2011 trip...
I just love the Brigitte Bardot billboard.)

2 comments:

Teresa Parkins said...

I just love that beautiful Collection Amelie bag and scarf - I can imagine it suits you perfectly.

Unknown said...

Merci, Teresa!
It's a fun souvenir from Paris.