Friday, January 9, 2009

Confessions of a Shopaholic!

Shopaholic Heroine Becky Bloomwood
(Can you shop as much as Becky?)

Attention all shopaholics! Confessions of a Shopaholic is coming to the big screen!

If you are a shopaholic, you have probably read the Shopaholic novels by best-selling (British) author, Sophie Kinsella.

I discovered the novels a few years after they had been published. I chose to do the audio book versions...and loved them! Sophie's first book Confessions of a Shopaholic has been adapted into a new movie. It is sure to be one of this year's best romantic comedies. Isla Fisher, an adorable red head, plays Rebecca (Becky) Bloomwood. (I must confess...I am not familiar with this actress.)

The original story began with heroine Becky Bloomwood living in a flat in London. I understand in the movie version she lives in New York City. Either way she certainly has some of the world's best department stores as her shopping ground!


So grab your best shopping buddies and plan to see it together!

It hits the big screen on February 13th, 2009.


PS: Do you have a shopping confession? I do!

When I was in my late twenties I drove to 5 or 6 different Macy's stores all around the Bay Area in one day! Now...that's a shopaholic!

No comments: